The harsh winter weather can affect vehicle shipping whether it is domestic or international. The shipping services take utmost care for the safe transportation of their customer’s vehicles. However, due to some mistakes unfortunately the car can get damaged while shipping it in winter. Hence, any car owner who decided to ship their car within America or to other countries need to avoid certain mistakes while it is winter time.
There are ample auto shipping companies in America promising to provide the best transportation services. The few most popular highly rated companies like Ship a Car, Inc Company that supports the shipping of any vehicles or goods to any place in America as well as overseas. Their rates are reasonable and believe in taking every safety measure for transporting goods and vehicles undamaged.
The things expected to occur while shipping your car during winter days:
- Damage to the car if there is a hurricane, storm or snowing continuously.
- Delay in shipping the vehicle thus your car won’t reach the destination in the expected time.
- The rate of shipping is more compared to the cost of transportation during normal times.
- Every car owner prefers to ship their vehicle safely and in a hassle-free manner. However, unknowingly do some mistakes resulting in damaging their precious car or enduring some hardships.
Tips to avoid mistakes while shipping during winter times:
- Prepare your car prior to the date of its shipping. It is beneficial to hire a professional car cleaner to do the job perfectly. It helps to take photos of the car, which is an evidence to claim insurance if it gets damaged.
- The antifreeze mechanism of the car needs to be fully activated to avoid freezing fluid in the radiator. It helps the car engine to work efficiently when it is shipped to the required destination.
- It is a well-known fact that car battery stops functioning quickly in winter times. Thus, there is a need to tighten the terminals and take measures to avoid corrosion during shipping. Battery malfunctions have created major problems during loading and unloading by shipping staff when the temperature is below zero. Hence, it will be profitable to check the battery with a professional car mechanic before shipping the car.
- The lubricating of the door locks, hinges and even the trunk locks are mandatory. It may seem a small discomfort when your car door doesn’t open smoothly after shipping it. However, in the freezing times car door gets locked, which could be frustrating.
- Window seals need to be checked by a car mechanic before the vehicle is shipped. It is because there are high chances of air sweeping inside the car through the opening of windows and affecting the interior of the vehicle. Your car seating covers get damped and deteriorate fast.
It is always best to avoid open carriers during winter times and opt for enclosed ones. They may be costlier however, fully worth every penny as it keeps the car safe from harsh winter weather. Don’t forget to check Ship A Car, Inc website to ship your car safely anywhere in America or beyond.